FOR THE ELIMINATION OF EXISTING BIOFILM WITHIN THE DENTAL
WATERLINES FOR THE DWS-001, DWS-POE, & DWSMTR-20 SYSTEMS:
A) Once the O-SO PURE Dental Disinfection Water System has been installed (models DWS-001, DWS-POE, and DWSMTR-20):
1. Disconnect or shut-off the water supply to the Disinfection Water System (if water has been run into the unit, be sure
to open the dental hand piece in order to relieve pressure).
2. Remove the filter housings and then remove the filter media, and be sure to place the filters in sequence of order.
*DWS-001 - 1st filter= polypropylene sediment, 2nd filter= net-wrapped carbon filter;
*DWS-POE - 1st filter= 50 micron/5 micron polypropylene, 2nd filter= 1/2 micron carbon block w/ white
3.Once the filters are removed, carefully fill both filter housings with bio-disinfectant such as Mint-A-Kleen (by Anodia
Systems)* or Ultra (by Sterilex)**.
BE SURE THE UV LAMP IS OFF DURING THE DISINFECTION PROCESS.
4. Turn the water supply back ON (using the municipal water pressure) which will force the disinfectant to flow to each
operatory hand piece. Open the hand piece, allowing disinfectant to flow for at least 5 seconds. The disinfectant
should remain within the dental waterlines for at least 8 hours (or as directed by the manufacturer).
5. Flush out all waterlines, allowing water to flow for several minutes.
6. NOTE: If flushing the HOT WATER tank and lines, check with the bio-disinfectant manufacturer
for any possible reaction with the HOT WATER that would affect the disinfection process.
7. Replace the filter medium back into the filter housings in the CORRECT ORDER AS THEY WERE REMOVED.
A) Included with each system (models DWS-001, DWS-POE, and DWSMTR-20) you will find (2) Aquasafe water test kits.
These test kits are provided to verify the successful elimination of any existing biofilm and bacteria during the
disinfection process as outlined in Step #1. These test kits are to be used as follows:
1. Draw a sample of water immediately following the O-SO PURE Dental Disinfection Water Systems DWS-001, DWS-POE,
or DWSMTR-20. This sample should be taken from the outlet side of the unit PRIOR to entering any existing dental
waterline or dental distribution lines.
2. The 2nd Aquasafe test kit should be used to sample water from the FURTHEST dental waterline hand piece, from
where the O-SO PURE Dental Disinfection Water System is physically located.
B) The Pall test kit instructions are included inside of the box. Additional Aquasafe test kits can be ordered from
dental dealers or from Pall Medical (888) 676-7255 or go to www.pall.com.
*Mint-A-Kleen is available by calling (866) 246-2548 or go to www.mintakleen.com.
**Ultra is available by calling (800) 511-1659, or go to www.sterilex.com.
MANUFACTURER'S RECOMMENDATIONS & TREATMENT PROTOCOL
FOR THE DWS-008 CHAIR-MOUNTED WATER BOTTLE REFILLING UNIT:
The water bottles supplied by your equipment manufacturer are exposed to numerous potential contamination possibilities on a daily basis. It is imperative that your office staff develops an infection control regimen to ensure bacteria-free dental waterlines & water.
The following recommendations should be helpful in maintaining a bacteria count well below 200 CFM/ml (as per the ADA goal for the year 2000 and beyond).
1. Before handling any water bottles, dental staff should thoroughly wash their hands and put on sterile gloves.
2. Prior to filling ANY water bottle, ALL dental waterlines MUST be disinfected. Each dental treatment room will need an initial
treatment to eliminate any existing biofilm. Take and pour into the chair-mounted water bottle at EACH dental station. (see
manufacturer's instructions for how many ounces of disinfectant that may be needed in order to clean the waterlines).
INITIAL ONE-TIME TREATMENT:
1. Empty the self-contained bottle at the end of each day.
2. Replace with liquid disinfectant. (see manufacturer's recommendations on the quantity of disinfectant to be used).
3. Run each line for 30 seconds.
4. Leave disinfectant in the lines overnight.
5. Next morning, remove the self-contained bottle and fill with O-So Pure bacteria-free water.
6. Run the O-So Pure bacteria-free water through the lines 30 seconds prior to the first patient.
After the initial treatment, it is recommended that a small amount of disinfectant be added to each and every water bottle (approx. 2 ounces) once a week.
Cross-contamination can and does occur frequently. Mishandling of the water bottles, allowing water bottles to remain uncovered for ANY amount of time, or failure to disinfect surface areas can all contribute to cross-contamination.
For any questions, please call us toll-free at 1 (800) 676-7873, or e-mail us at email@example.com
Copyright 2010 by O-So Pure® All rights reserved.